Immerse yourself in a new culture and collaborate with local communities.
Work with organizations focused on finding creative and sustainable solutions to advance the growth of local commerce and enrichment of their community.
Common Projects and Responsibilities
- Assist with web design projects for grassroots non-profit organizations
- Teach community art or music classes
- Assist in areas of management, marketing, finance, and public relations
- Coordinate and promote cultural events by developing marketing and PR strategies
- Promote local museums by organizing projects for visitors
- Work as a team to create a series of informative, entertaining, and exciting radio programs
Host Organization Examples
- Community Center
- Community Development Organization for At-Risk Youth
- Cultural Heritage Organization
- Community Library
- Housing and Social Inclusion Non-Profit
- Music and Cultural Center
- Student Radio Station
Visit the following location pages to read more about these partner organizations and others!
My experience in service-learning abroad changed my entire perspective on healthcare. I have a better understanding of intersectionality regarding underserved communities and their mental health, along with the external circumstances affecting them. Now, I feel better prepared to enter into career settings, as I feel that my distinct worldview has become an asset.
(Cusco, Summer 2022)
Service Learning was one of my favorite aspects of study abroad. I couldn’t imagine my experience without it. I feel like I gained so much knowledge and experience, as well as many professional connections and lifelong friends!
(Meknes, Fall 2022 and Spring 2023)
This unique opportunity allowed me to directly participate in the host community. I was able to interact with locals while also gaining skills that I can apply to my future career. There is a service learning opportunity for everyone regardless of their interests and passions.
(Costa Rica, Spring 2022)
I would highly recommend this experience to anyone considering! My experience at my host organization allowed me to learn exponentially about my host country while making meaningful connections every day.
(Valparaiso, Fall 2022)